Thursday, February 18, 2010

The objective (or lack thereof) of my blog...

On this blog I will talk about my oldest, dearest musical love: classical music. I’ve been listening to it for the past 25 years, and even though I have abandoned it from time to time, it has never ceased to be the music that speaks closer to my heart, as it was what I listened to first when I was a kid.

I’m not a professional musician nor do I have a degree in musicology or music theory. Therefore, my comments on the music will come mostly from my heart, with the help of my brain to bring order and a little bit of objectivity to the proceedings. I’ll mostly give my opinions about the different versions and performances of a piece, leaving the more scientific, academic factors for the true experts. What my little music-theory knowledge will force me to leave unsaid, will be compensated by the countless hours I’ve spent with most of these works of art. In the case of compositions that I’m just hearing for the first time in my life, I’ll try to make the best effort to describe the feelings they generate in me.

Actually, let’s eliminate objectivity as one of my aims on this blog. My comments will be purely, totally subjective. If a work leaves me cold, no matter how revolutionary or unique it might be, I’ll be glad to say it so, for this blog is about classical music and its magic, and there can’t be magic where there are no feelings present.

8 comments:

  1. LimosRentalsToronto provides high class facilities in Oshawa Wedding Limo,Georgetown Limos,Hamilton Wedding Limos.Scarborough Wedding Limo,East York Wedding Limo are also best choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makemedebtfree organization helps you in Non Profit Debt Settlement,Credit Cards Debt Solution,Student Loans Consolidation.Credit Counseling and Debt Settlement in Toronto,Ontario,Calgary also consolidated here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hamilton Wedding Limousine Services is best choice for Wedding Limo Service.We provide high class services for all regions - Hamilton Wedding Limousine Services, Richmond hill Wedding Limousine Service, Caledon Wedding Limousine Services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellowtires provides 24 hours tire road services, truck tires in toronto, brampton, mississauga. It provides truck alignment in toronto, brampton also

    ReplyDelete
  5. People cannot wait for a bus or cab service for their travel. To save time the limousine in long island is the best choice with comfortable and quick access

    ReplyDelete
  6. limousine service used to be considered a luxury thing, but nowadays it has become affordable for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post. I hope within a few days we will get more post from you like it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Same here, no musical training save a semester of piano😂 but been collecting classical since I was 14.

    ReplyDelete